Saturday, March 5, 2016

Yet Constantly I Am with You

Over the past month and a half, I have learned and grown a lot through intensive pre-field trainings and retreats.  God has been sharpening my ministry skills, as well as purifying my heart.  Through it all, I have seen how much I need the presence of the Lord in my life in order to produce any fruit spiritually.  He has also been my deep source of comfort throughout a staggering number of meetings and goodbyes; much travel; and just feeling overwhelmed by the pace of it all.  He is the One who never changes, and my heart rests securely in Him.  

This psalm (73C) has been in my heart and on my lips a lot over the past many days.  I hope that it is an encouragement to you as well!

Yet constantly I am with You; 
You've taken hold of my right hand.
Your counsel shows me what to do,
And guides me in the things I plan; 
And afterward, so shall it be,
You will with honor welcome me.

Are You not all I have in heav'n? 
None else on earth do I desire.
Though human strength come to an end --
My flesh may fail, my heart expire --
My heart's strength God Himself will be,
My portion through eternity.

Those far from You will surely die, 
Who dealt with You unfaithfully.
But as for me, I will draw nigh.
How good that God is near to me!
I refuge take in God the LORD,
That all your works I may record.

No comments: