Friday, January 7, 2011

WHAT'S SNEW?

An old pun runs something like:
Punster: Is it snewing much where you live?
Friend: Huh? What's snew!
Punster: What's new? Not much. What's new with you! :-)
I would like to fill you in a bit on what's snew in my life lately. And there's a lot that's snew. :-)
On December 13th I returned home to spend Christmas vacation with my family and be in my best friends wedding. The wedding was the 18th and was entirely beautiful! Such a lovely picture of human love and a testimony to God's love.
The following weekend was a merry and white Christmas, followed by presenting about Mexico in church. Being involved in an incarnational* ministry in Mexico makes the wonder of God's coming to earth as a baby entirely astounding to me, so both the 25th and the 26th were very meaningful for me.
A week later I put the Pennsylvania snow (not to be confused with snew) behind me and found myself basking in the warmth of Florida, where we witnessed another wedding (one of our family friends from our church down there) and had a long overdue visit with my grandmother. Both were lovely... and in the meantime I enjoyed the gorgeous weather, long walks down memory lane and lightning fast roadtrips with my family.
Under 24 hours from the time our wheels hit the driveway of my PA home, they rolled out again for the airport. At 4:30 AM I arrived at the Pittsburgh airport and by 2:00 I was in the Mexico City one. That was yesterday.

1 comment:

Kate Roberts said...

I was bummed I could not come see you present at church, but I do love you and am praying for you. May your eyes continually become aware of the redemption happening around you.